Student Affairs and Wellbeing (SAW) The Office of Academic Support Policy:
As of April 2021, The Office of Academic Support Policy will be as follows:
THE OFFICE OF ACADEMIC SUPPORT
The primary goal of the programs offered by the Office of Academic Support is to help students achieve their full academic potential in medical school. Towards this end, academic support and advisement staff offer programs on efficient and effective approaches to learning:
- Individual academic counseling, and advisement as needed or requested for study, learning, memory, reading efficiency, time management, and/or exam reasoning skills.
- Active learning counseling sessions promoting long term retention and problem solving.
- Clinical learning environment sessions that address adjustment to the relatively unstructured but demanding clinical setting.
- Individual and/or group peer tutoring sessions, provided free of charge.
- Screening for previously undiagnosed learning difficulties and appropriate referrals.
- USMLE Step 1 schedule planning, test taking, tutor review sessions, and board preparation strategies.
- Individual meetings with students, as requested, to assist in planning optimal preparation for USMLE Step 1, Step 2, and clerkship exams.
- The Director of The Office of Academic Support, as supervisor for all tutors, selects and trains students in the upper classes as ‘student tutors’ for peer tutoring sessions. Selection of student tutors is based on high proficiency in previous assessments as well as personality evaluation. Training focuses on how to apply knowledge to clinically relevant questions and cases utilizing learning objectives, curricular materials, and practice questions.
Meet The Team
Advising and Career Development
Individualized Learning Plan
Careers in Medicine
Roadmap to Residency
Pre-Clerkship Career Exploration
Physician Specialty Mentor Program
Policies & Procedures
Student Accessibility Services
Student Involvement and Community
Take A Break
Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine STUDENT MISTREATMENT AND TITLE IX
Title IX Coordinator
The Hackensack Meridian School of Medicine takes student wellbeing very seriously and asks anyone to confidentially Report a Concern through the following avenues:
HMH ComplyLine is 877-888-8030 or https://hackensackmeridian.alertline.com/ (Anonymous reporting is available by phone or web) or directly to the Title IX Coordinator Diane Russo Diane.Russo@hmhn.org or Laurie Sullivan Laurie.Sullivan@hmhn.org, Senior Associate Dean of Student Affairs & Wellbeing.